Saturday, March 7, 2015

Shadows - Jennifer. L. Armentrout (Lux #.5)

Published Date: February 21, 2012
Genre: Sci-Fi/Young Adult
Synopsis: The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.
DANGEROUS. TEMPTING. UNDENIABLE.
CAPTIVATED. LURED. LOVED.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.
Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence…and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.
Okay considering the fact that I was not going to read this book at all was just insane.

I did read the Lux series before I read the novella or prequel. Okay so I knew what was going to happen but I did get a better insight on everyone while Dawson was there with them. However, Jennifer L. Armentrout's POV for this really confused me. I understood the whole going back and forth thing with Bethany and Dawson but then she inserted Daemon (His twin brother's POV into it) so that did not really make sense until the end.

I was heart broken when I read this.

I knew what was going to happen but not how to happened. Okay, I am totally going off on a tangent. It was hard not to guess what was going to happen next considered I knew the future for these characters. That just sounds like Ms. Crazy Pants.

Not something I want to be known for.

However, it does make me want to divulge myself into these novels again now that I know the beginning of Daemon's brooding character.

As if he wouldn't fall for a human girl. So cliché. But so good. I can't argue with that. No one can't argue with that.

Arum suck donkey balls.

Okay, tell me this. I know they said that the Arum are nothing like the Luxen. But what if, just what if, the Arum are just Luxen who turn dark. It is a weird concept and in my head, I get it.

I wish you guys could understand my logic here.

Anyways, I would definitely recommend reading this and the rest of the series. I rate this book a solid 3 out of 5 stars.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR