Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Krampus (Movie Review)

Damn, I feel like I haven't written a movie review in a really long time. Well here it is tonight in the spirits of Christmas. 

Have you heard of the story Krampus? When the Christmas Spirit is lost, he doesn't allow St. Nick to come to gift the good kids. No... He never gives but he takes. 
Release Date: December 4, 2015
Genre: Thriller/Comedy
Synopsis: 
While the holiday season represents the most magical time of year, ancient European folklore warns of Krampus, a horned beast who punishes naughty children at Christmastime. When dysfunctional family squabbling causes young Max (Emjay Anthony) to lose his festive spirit, it unleashes the wrath of the fearsome demon. As Krampus lays siege to the Engel home, mom (Toni Collette), pop (Adam Scott), sister (Stefania LaVie Owen) and brother must band together to save one another from a monstrous fate.
Okay, so I put comedy because not only was I stressed about some factors, there were some parts that had you going WTF every other moment because I mean there were gremlins running around, there were these cute little gingerbread cookies, the idealogical American family stomping through their siblings home, etc. 

I laughed so many times that I pretty sure that I am either sleep deprived and just really loving this movie. I mean, I cringed at some parts because those little helpers of Krampus were creepy as hell. I mean come on, a satanic ritual with these freaks wearing some sort of a pitchfork symbol on their heads? Like what?

Krampus, himself, was scary as hell. His bland eyes. His disgustingly long tongue. Let's be honest, I freaked out in the movie theatre when we ran into the jack in the box and some freak of a doll-bat hybrid. 

Anyways, I jumped. I laughed. I enjoyed.

This movie was a good 2.8 stars out of 5, not necessarily meaning it was horrible but I wouldn't want it again with those little gremlin freaks running around there and getting in your face. You feel?

Oh and there's this fantastic looking horror movie coming out called The Forest. Based on a true story because it derives from Japan and if you type in Suicide Forest into Google, you're bound to find the story.

Anyways, blog you later, awesome nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR