Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Audiobook: Will There be Watermelons on Mars - Debbie Manber Kupfer

Published Date: April 21, 2015
Genre: Young Adult
Synopsis: The last thing Susie expected on the morning after the apocalypse was watermelons. The last thing that Na’ima expected was that one day she would be flying to Mars. But Will There Be Watermelons on Mars? 
A collection of three short stories from Debbie Manber Kupfer, author of the P.A.W.S. series.

First off, a huge thank you to Debbie for giving me my first audiobook to review. Due to this, I was able to figure out that I was not a huge fan of the format but I don't mind having something to listen to other than music.

What would you do if you knew the world was ending? Where would you go? Who would you find first? What would you do first? There were plenty of questions that went through my head as I proceeded to listen.

I am going to start off with this book with a notion that it was a cute book. Really cute. I don't think that I can go through another Young Adult book without thinking of this book.

It features doomsday or D-Day as I like to call it. With her cat, she has come to the notion that Jerusalem was not the only city that survived. Regardless of what everyone else was saying, she decides to proceed forward with her friend to find other life forms. 

What if the world never ended when it was supposed to? How disappointing that you gave away your precious belongings? How sad would it be that you gave your body away to some stranger because you said eff it all and go for it, the world is ending!

I was starting to like the book but...

But then, the book switches POV's from Susie to Na'ima and it was hard to comprehend what had just happened due to the fact that I am listening and writing this post at the same time because I would forget about it. 
Scientists are considered to be intelligent. So when they instilled fear into the citizens of the world, it reminded me of the Dec. 2012 scare of when people gave away their life savings and such to others with the fear of the end of the world in mind. 

This book was well written and short but it wasn't my cup of tea. Sorry, Debbie. It just lost my interest and I found myself slowly but surely losing interest in the audiobook. Maybe it was the slight religious feel to it but I understand that In Jerusalem, faith is strong within the city walls. So I am going to go ahead and rate this a 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR