Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Opportunist - Tarryn Fisher (Love Me With Lies #1)

Published Date: November 14, 2011
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex-boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With an already lousy reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah Smith. It is a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.


I think that I have been hiding under a rock officially. I haven't read this book until now but I devoured this book. To be Olivia, is to be the craziest and yet the most perfect thing on Earth... Let me tell you why.

She is snarky. Smart. Beautiful. Avoids men.

Well the last part didn't work out so well. 

My heart was officially broken within these pages and I loved every single moment of it. The main reason I loved this was because there so much love that countered the lies within this. I just can not handle all of the feels. Goddamn it, Tarryn!

Okay, here's the thing. I read F*CK Love first and I have no hate against it. In fact, it broadened my eyes to take a chance on authors who are well-known but not to you. The book just sounded so good and I knew that I needed to get this book. 

Oh for the love of deceit that pours from these pages. The malicious attempt to get the attention of one man. The big man on campus. Because I mean, what is a book without the hot shot alpha male on campus that is the ultimate heart breaker? NOTHING. I swear it. There is nothing.

Though Olivia felt it in every vein of her body and soul, she knew he was trouble for herself right from the start but she just got sucked in. He was the hurricane of her life. Hell, he was the hurricane of my life too. I added him onto my book boyfriends list.

"I have finally accepted that there are consequences to every action. I earned them and they are rightfully mine. There is no time to make bad decisions. Every step is precious. The definition of living is mine." ~ Olivia

Oh Tarryn and your words of wisdom. You say that you are one of the most messed up people in the head yet you give us beautiful words on paper and you ultimately voice them through your characters. I fell in love head first with this. 

The way that the book ended will officially tear you apart. Get ready to 1-Click Dirty Red and read Leah's story.

I rate this a solid 5 out of 5 stars. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR