Friday, May 8, 2015

Pretties - Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #2)

So if I can find someone to talk about books that I have read or excited to read, my excitement levels go out of the roof because they can actually relate to what I am saying. I am such a book nerd and most of my analogies come from books that I have read.

Well this girl that was in one of my courses related to me about the book Pretties - Scott Westerfeld because she saw that I was reading it for my blog. Pretty exciting to me.



Synopsis: Tally has finally become pretty. Now her looks are beyond perfect, her clothes are awesome, her boyfriend is totally hot, and she's completely popular. It's everything she's ever wanted.


But beneath all the fun -- the nonstop parties, the high-tech luxury, the total freedom -- is a nagging sense that something's wrong. Something important. Then a message from Tally's ugly past arrives. Reading it, Tally remembers what's wrong with pretty life, and the fun stops cold.


Now she has to choose between fighting to forget what she knows and fighting for her life -- because the authorities don't intend to let anyone with this information survive.

Let me just say this, even if Tally didn't mean to turn her friends from the Smokies in, she should have realized there was something sneaky about the Special Circumstances. So now she's a pretty. Now what?

Woah, wait, she has a boyfriend now? Is it David or someone else? Well you will have to read to learn about that question. But something is nagging at her because it something fighting their way to the surface of her mind. Someone from her past is here at a party and they are here to ruin her pretty life, or so she thinks. 

I am so infatuated with this book that there are no words other than to read it. It is suspenseful, witty, and a hint of romance. Maybe from friend betrayal here and there. 

So i would rate this book a solid 4 out of 5 because there are points where Westerfeld doesn't develop the characters or why Tally starts to become dependent on men that she meets. 

Thanks for reading everyone and do not forget to follow my blog and share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR