Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey (The 5th Wave #1)

Sorry fellow book lovers that I haven't been behind the computer for a while. However, do I have something in store for you.

Rick Yancey has blown away by mind. As Jillian Rose Reed says, "Put a flavored condom on your head because your mind is about to be blown."

Synopsis:
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker.

Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.


There are so many POV's throughout this book it is almost hard to keep up with but it is so thrilling. There's Zombie, there's Sammy, there's Cassie for Cassiopeia, and there's Evan Walker.

I haven't finished this book yet but 50 more pages to go and plus I needed to upload this to you guys because I am way to excited for everyone else to read this book as well. Now it might seem like it amounts to much but I absolutely fell in love with it because of how it blew my mind and out me on a rollercoaster of emotions.

Evan Walker claims to be human but is he? Can you trust anyone? Wait for my update tonight, everyone. 

XOXO 

Update:

"Step One: the orderly...Step Two: the bathroom...Step Three: wet willy..."

I just about died when I read this line because of course it will shock just about anyone if you give them a wet willy. Trust me, I have tried.

Okay, so this book is perfect for those with the tastes for corruption and apocalypse styled novels. No, not zombie status but close enough. But this book is a beautiful in it's own way. Strangely, has a twist of forbidden love in it and I can sense a love triangle in the making. 

Now, you might groan at the fact that there is a love triangle but it is nothing like Twilight and their sappy romances but more or less like The Hunger Games because it is two different sides of the same coin. If that makes sense. 

I recommend this book to everyone of all ages because there are no graphic scenes romantically or otherwise. It is truly a tragic love story. I rate this book a solid 5 out 5 stars even if it took me a while to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR