Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Infinite Sea - Rick Yancey (The 5th Wave #2)

Oh man, I meant to read this book all day but I kept getting distracted by funny videos on Youtube and then I found The Writer's Circle on Facebook that posts some funny pictures.

Seriously though, my attention span is short ad it gets distracted easily. 

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey, is the epitome of great novels. It is the second book to The 5th Wave and it ended with a complete cliffhanger, may I remind you.

However, this book, it jumps from perspective of one to perspective another. It kind of makes my head hurt but it is deeply intriguing.

Although I am only halfway through this book, I fell absolutely in love with the writer and the series. I cannot say that for a lot of books but if there are more books that he writes, I will read them. The only other time that I felt this way was with Jennifer L. Armentrout, or as J. Lynn as you may know her as. 

I am absolutely thrilled to finish this book and I cannot wait for my update on this. My book to review on Friday will hopefully be The Heir by Kiera Cass but here is the synopsis and cover art. Again, absolutely in love, Also must I add that The 5th Wave just got a movie deal and it should be coming out within the next year or so! So excited!


Synopsis:


How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.


Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.



Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.


And I will get an update to you guys by tomorrow at lunch time. 

XOXO fellow readers and see you soon!

Okay so I totally lied and said I would post an update but by the time I finished the book, I needed to sleep. Sorry everyone.

The only thing that I want to add to this review is that Cassie is not as strong of a female character as I would have hoped but rather Ringer is. I absolutely love Ringer because not only has she stayed bright throughout the alien war but also snarky and a smart-ass. I almost thought she was one to go for the jockey character but there is a character in here that meets her punch for punch.

Ugh. In love. Next up, The Heir - Kiera Cass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR