Sunday, October 11, 2015

By Sun & Candlelight - Jessica L. Brooks (The Flora #1.5)

Published Date: August 5, 2014
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy
Synopsis: A threat, a missing book, a traitor, and an attack. Even when you choose the light, things aren't always so black and white when they involve matters of the heart. 

Rowan has some decisions to make. 

Told in Rowan’s point of view, By Sun and Candlelight (Flora, 1.5) gives you a new view into the characters and daily happenings at Castle Lennox and bridges the gap between If I Speak True (Flora, 1) and Open Thy Heart (Flora 2 -- coming September 2014)


This novella was beautifully written to say the least. If you love the first book, you'll love this book.

Rowan's mind is what attracted me to him in the first place. Well, not really because it was his mysteriousness. But in this novella, you fall in love with his mindset and his genuine attitude towards his people. 

His love for Dahlia is unreal because she is on his mind 24/7 and she clouds his mind as he does his duties. I love the fact that not only is he brilliant but he is kind-hearted and being attractive is a plus. He only cares for others rather than himself. Of course, mainly Dahlia which is one of the reasons why he refuses to let her come to the land of Ambrosia when they are in the midst of war. 

Honestly, this book was not only a quick read, but it also made me put Jessica L. Brooks officially on my favorite authors list. The only reason being is because I love her story of Ambrosia. I love Rowan. I love Dahlia. 

Again, thank you Jessica L. Brooks for giving me these books because they are on my favorites so far. 

But in this book, because it focused on Rowan and it is not re-telling anything in the first book, that is what I enjoyed most about it. It furthers the story and I am proud to have it on my bookshelf. 

By Sun & Candlelight by Jessica L. Brooks is not only a must-read but if you love fantasy, you'll love this series. This novella alone could be a stand-alone and you'll just imagine a man with a loving heart, intelligent mind, and a voice that could make you waiver at the knees. 

Although, I cannot seem  to place where the title could have came from but again, the cover made me love it even further. Does it sound weird to you if I said that I pet my book while in class because I long to read it? 

I cannot wait to get started on the second book.

I rate this book/novella a solid 5 out of 5 stars.

Anyways, I will blog you later, awesome book nerds. Hopefully soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR