Saturday, June 18, 2016

Me Before You (Movie Review)

Release Date: June 3, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Young and quirky Louisa "Lou" Clark (Emilia Clarke) moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), a wealthy young banker left paralyzed from an accident two years earlier. Will's cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.

Oh my god, never did I ever think that I could fall so hard for a romance film since The Notebook. Not that this movie trumps it because they are pretty much on the same level. Not only did I fall in love with Lou and her quirky sense of fashion, attitude, and life but I fell in love with everything about Will Traynor, especially how cynical he is. 

Their love is unrequited and it definitely was inevitable from the start. 

The animosity that I felt for the antagonists of the movie were so real and so tangible that I wish I could have hit them. It was as if they didn't know who their own partner was as a person. As Will and Lou figure out themselves and each other throughout the movie, you fall harder and harder for them. 

They figure out what it means to live within each other and they turn each other into a better person than they were before they met each other. Hence, Me Before You. 

Make sure to have tissues handy because this one will definitely be a tear-jerking movie. 

I am definitely going to purchase this movie and actually rate this a fantastic 5 out of 5 stars. Much more if I could. 

Blog you later, awesome nerds. 

1 comment:

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR