Friday, August 12, 2016

Nerve (Movie Review)

Release Date: July 27, 2016
Genre: Thriller
Synopsis: Industrious high school senior Vee Delmonico (Emma Roberts) is tired of living life on the sidelines. Pressured by her friends, Vee decides to join Nerve, a popular online game that challenges players to accept a series of dares. It's not long before the adrenaline-fueled competition requires her to perform increasingly dangerous stunts. When Nerve begins to take a sinister turn, Vee finds herself in a high-stakes finale that will ultimately determine her entire future.

Emma Roberts and Dave Franco team up to create one of the most hilarious and slightly thrilling movies that I have seen in 2016. The fact that it was based off a book, all the better. 

However, it was a weird ending. That was the only bad thing about it. Because it ended so awkwardly, it ruined the whole movie experience for me but it was hilarious. I ended up laughing about every single thing when it came to this movie. 

Yes it was a book but will I read it after watching the movie? Probably not. The only times I have done that was for Maze Runner, The Hunger Games, Divergent, and Me Before You. I just find myself not intrigued enough to read the book. 

Emma Roberts does a fantastic job at creating this shy and timid girl who only watches her friends do everything. But she decides to jump the gun and team up with the daring Dave Franco. 

Oh my lordy, he is just amazing and I want him all to myself. 

The roles that he takes on just makes me love him even more than I knew was possibly. Excuse me while I am fan-girling over him for a while. 

This online game is not only absolutely dangerous because of its anonymity but because of the things that they make you do. They meaning the watchers. 

It makes me wonder if we ever really had a situation such as this if I would be a watcher or a player. With a 2.8 out of 5 stars, I will blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR