Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Redemption of Roan - Kathy Coomans (Syndicate #2)

Published Date: December 13, 2015
Genre: Romance/Action
Synopsis: Roan Diamond’s loyalty to the family may be obligated by blood, but nobody ever said he had to love them all, right?
As the next in line to head the Diamond dynasty, he has loose ends to take care of, and one of those is his brother Royal. Yet his plans for revenge fall apart the minute he lays eyes on Alina—Royal’s ex-girlfriend, who also happens to be the daughter of the rival Solokov family.
As a mafia princess, Alina Solokov knew it wouldn’t be easy when she made the decision ten years ago to leave the family for a new life at a college in England—but betrayal is often a dish served cold by those who you love the most. Now, back in the United States after a job offer that she couldn’t refuse, her new found strength is pushed to the limits when Royal returns to claim her for his own.
When the man who captures her heart amongst the chaos is front and center in a lifestyle she swore never to return to, can she hold her ground and fight being sucked back into the black hole that is the mafia underworld? Or will Roan’s love be worth the ultimate sacrifice?

I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT.

I can say it all I want because it's true. I want Roan to be my book boyfriend forever and ever because of how sweet he is. 

We met Cain and fell in love with his tough boy exterior and got to see Calla break him down. 

In this book, we get to see softy Roan get even more softened up by Alina. But plot twist, it is his older brother's ex-girlfriend. Eyes on her and her only, you just have to slowly fall in love with him more than you already have as he described the first encounter of her. He wants her. She wants him. But fate seems to have other plans in mind. 

Especially since there were so many roadblocks, I was getting frustrated with this book. 

Do you remember Royal from the first book? Yeah, I didn't like him either because he was just a kid who thought everything got handed to him on a platter. That is the one thing that I hated about this... He wanted the empire but his little brother got it instead. 

Want to know why? Because Roan is the gold-hearted man. He only wants what is best for her. For his family. For everything. He puts everything before himself and that just shows that he deserved the ultimate spot on top when the other leaders went down six feet under. 

I am such a fan of Kathy Coopmans because she has such a fantastic writing style that will keep you on your toes through and through. So I mean, how could I not give this a 4.7 out of 5 stars. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR