Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Booty Call - Ainsley Booth (Forbidden Bodyguard #2)

Published Date: February 23, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: I know what I’m doing when I text Scott at four in the morning. 
He knows what I’m doing, too. 
That’s why he shows up twenty-three minutes later, freshly showered with a condom in his pocket and a barely dissolved breath mint on his tongue. 
I smirk as he looms over me. “You are such a dirty old man.” 
“We need to stop doing this.” 
“Why?” 
“Because you’re twenty-one and I’m not. Because I want to take you on a f***ing date and you won’t. Because we wind up yelling at each other half the time.” 
“But the rest of the time you’re inside me and it feels so good, right?” 
His eyes darken and I don’t need to look down to know he’s hard for me. 

Booty Call is a sequel to Hate F*CK and well, I think that the first part serial was much better than this one. Up and down, I felt so confused as to what was happening. 

Not the greatest story ever because Scott was practically insufferable but Ali was much worse. At first, I thought this was a sequel to another series but I was wrong. The characters and storyline were so similar that I just had to put the book down a few times.

Living a rich life sounds nice and all but it sounds like Ali wants out. Other than getting all of the lingerie that she wants. 

Clichéd, unnatural, and no personality characters -- except caveman and cavewoman. 

I was expecting a dirty romance but it took about half the book before it jumped to the "dirty" deed. 

Shocker. Ali is a virgin and Scott -- he wants her but can't have her... Can't taint her. 

14 YEARS APART. Jesus. Okay, older men have a certain appeal but this is just too much for me. I cannot deal with this. He really was a dirty old man who I felt like was always creeping on Ali. But she did it much worse on him by throwing down some really, really, REALLY cliché lines. 

Booty Call -- an awful romance.

2.2 out of 5 stars.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR