Monday, November 9, 2015

ARC: Whiteout - Nikki Jefford (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #5)

Published Date: October 27, 2015
Genre: Paranormal
Synopsis: Life on the run is no winter picnic, especially when Aurora’s partner sees himself as the sheriff, not the outlaw.
It’s a cat and mouse game across the Last Frontier with agents and vampires out for revenge.
Aurora has never fought so hard to stay alive, even as each day takes her further away from Fane. Will they ever be reunited? Or is Aurora destined to remain in Alaska with Dante forever?

Let's be honest... I've been missing out with Nikki Jefford and it is time to go back and read all four book before these because obviously, vampires are coming back into season. I suck so bad because I was asked to do an ARC review of this and unfortunately I wasn't able to get to it until now. But now that I have finished, I am loving the idea of it. 

First things, would this even be considered an ARC because I am so far behind from the date? Well, needless to say, I did the whole thing again where I skip all of the books ahead and completely race ahead to the newest book. Let's just say, that I have problems like that. But I am flying through Whiteout and now I just want to read all four previous books because that's how much I really like these series. 

Aurora is snarky and a powerful heroine. But she obviously has some major problems. She was meant to be a hunter but unfortunately, she has become immortal. 

Even if you do not read the first four installments of the series, you can definitely figure some stuff out. I definitely this could be a stand-alone but then again, you never knew where each of the relationships came into place. 

This book switches off every now and then between Aurora and Fane. Aurora races to get away from the agency while Fane races after her to get to his one and only love. Now do I personally think this book is completely cheesy? Hell yeah, I do. Minus the werewolves, this is Twilight.

Everyone has their own version on vampires. Do they sparkle? Burn? Dust? But in this book, a single wound that could kill a human could kill a vampire. For example, a gunshot wound. But they do have the advantage of healing if they drink blood. 

In the middle of the book, Aurora and Dante release their sexual tension and you just want to smack Aurora for being a tease but Dante for being such an arrogant prick. Excuse my language but come on. Aurora flaunts around and all she wants is Fane and yet Dante pursues her to give him a hard time. 

Whatever his name is, Jared or whatever, he just sounds like a  creepy freak and wants to only recruit female vampires. To me, he just gives me the heebie jeebies. Put yourself in Aurora's shoes and get to the scene between her and Jared. Like I shivered. Those chills though. 

You're in for a thrill. Read this book and the rest of the series ;) 

I am going to give this book a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars and well, let's just say that I am genuinely pleased with the book overall because I'm not a vampire fan. I'm more of a shifter fan. ;) 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds and catch my review release tomorrow for Daron's Guitar Chronicles #8 - Cecilia Tan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR