Sunday, November 29, 2015

Vampire Addiction - Eva Pohler (The Vampires of Athens #1)

Publication Date: January 1, 2015
Genre: Fantasy
Synopsis: Some call them "tramps." In Greek, they are called vrykolakas, or "vryks," which sometimes gets translated to "freaks." They are the vampires of Athens, created centuries ago by the Maenads. They live in caves beneath the acropolis, without economic resources and according to rules imposed on them by the Olympians. They are forbidden from turning humans into vampires, which happens when all of the blood is drained; however, they are allowed to drink from a willing mortal. Some mortals are willing because a vampire bite will infect the body for six hours, and, during that time, the mortal has the powers of flight, invisibility, strength, speed, x-ray vision, and mind control. Such great power can become irresistible, though dangerous and addicting to mortals.

As seventeen-year-old Gertie, studying abroad from New York, uncovers the unfathomable secrets of this ancient city, she unwittingly becomes a catalyst in an uprising led by Dionysus, the god of wine and lord of the vampires.


I don't mean to sounds well... Mean... Don't get me wrong but I am a mean person. I don't know whether Eva was just starting out but this book in particular was very under developed, the characters had no personality, it was a cliche love triangle. You can almost say that it is the most cliche book ever.

In all honesty, Gertie was supposed to be completely different. Although she comes from this huge rich family, she's not a complete snob. She can read and it is all fantasy books. Fascinating. Hear the sarcasm in my voice?

I fell asleep after the first 5 chapters and well, I wasn't impressed with the other 25 chapters. I mean come on... You move to a new city because your parents ship to off to god knows where, you meet a handsome stranger on the bus. Okay? Fair enough. But you talk to a stranger on a bus and well, maybe I just hate people and don't talk with strangers anywhere that I go. 

Comment on that. I mean, my best friend was a stranger and well, I was like "I like you. Let's hang out more." Ta-Da, best friend made. 

But back to my review. Well, I am just annoyed about the fact that these guys automatically fall in love with even though they have just met her. She's been there for what, a week? Two? Three? She's got four guys on her. Metaphorically. 

The only interesting part was Alexander and how he was the evil character in the book. Well, he got killed for attacking Gertie but that was the only exciting thing about this book. Everyone else, blah, blah, blah, just came out of their mouths.

I was just really annoyed with this book and I wish it was so much better than I actually felt. Anyways, this book gets a solid 1.5 out of 5 stars. Sorry but do not waste your time with this book or series.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR