Saturday, August 29, 2015

Darkness Becomes Her - Kelly Keaton (Gods and Monsters #1)

Published Date: February 22, 2011
Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi
Synopsis: Ari can't help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can't be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is. 

Her search for answers uncovers just one message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it's impossible to protect herself when she doesn't know what she's running from or why she is being pursued. 

She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her

Ari won't stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed.

Honestly, right now, in the middle of the book, I am not sure what I think of Ari as the main character. To be honest, I would have had more fun reading this if Violet was the main because she's peculiar but you love her right off the bat. Ari is stubborn but what main character usually isn't?

My opinion after I finished the book was that I was not all that impressed by the book. At first, I was excited to try something different, something new, but it could have been better...

Honestly, Ari had no connection with Sebastian at all and Keaton sped up the romance to the point where you're just annoyed.

Now personally, it had a good story line but I can describe it in a few short sentences. Girl feels like an outsider. Finds a new city but know that future America, in ruins and run by the supernatural families that bought some of the land. Family and Greek Goddess at war with each other and there's the story. With awful romance.


Sebastian is an arse right off the bat and Ari is immediately attracted to him. By the second chapter, she's already shoving her tongue down his throat and he accepts it. Honestly, the romance should have been played out more but I can't do anything about that.

I rate this book a solid 3 out of 5 stars because it wasn't a completely awful book where I would never want to pick it up again but it was just not my style of a book that I enjoyed. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds with Book 1 of The Sweet Trilogy, Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins and I can tell you that it is going to be a great one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR