Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Gift (Movie Review)


Release Date: August 7, 2015
Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Synopsis: When married couple Simon (Jason Bateman) and Robyn (Rebecca Hall) unexpectedly encounter Gordo (Joel Edgerton), an acquaintance from Simon's past, little do they know that their perfect lives will be thrown into a terrifying tailspin. At first, Simon doesn't recognize Gordo, but after a troubling series of uninvited encounters and mysterious gifts, a horrifying secret emerges. As Robyn learns what really happened between Simon and Gordo, she begins to question how well she knows her spouse.

Honestly, I am a little upset that I paid $10.00 to see this movie. With all of the hype that was coming into theaters for this movie, I was very excited to watch it. But, sadly, I was disappointed... 

I was expecting a little more action, more suspense, more horror but I guess it was good in its own way. I am going to go ahead and rate this a solid 2 stars out of 5 just because the story was dragged on and I almost fell asleep in it several times. Don't get me wrong, it had one or two moments where I jumped out of my seat, seeing that I was sitting in the way front row so thank you for recliner chairs or else my neck would be completely stiff. 

It was not the thriller that I was expecting and yet I was not completely disappointed but I am not happy about it either. There are no movies other than The Visit and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 that I am excited to see because I mean The Visit actually looks terrifying while Jennifer Lawrence is my favorite actress by far.

Thanks for reading awesome nerds and I am signing off for today. Go ahead and watch out for my review on Rebels: City of Indra - Kendall/Kylie Jenner and Maya Sloan. I am not going to give any spoilers but let's just say that as of right now, I am not so impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR