Thursday, August 27, 2015

Spirit - Brigid Kemmerer (Elemental Series #3)

Published Date: May 28, 2013
Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult/Romance

WARNING: GRAPHIC MATERIAL : WARNING : GRAPHIC MATERIAL :WARNING
Synopsis: With power comes enemies. Lots of them.

Hunter Garrity just wants to be left alone. He’s learned the hard way that his unusual abilities come at a price. And he can’t seem to afford any allies.

He’s up to his neck in hostiles. His grandfather, spoiling for a fight. The Merrick brothers, who think he ratted them out. Calla, the scheming psycho who wants to use him as bait.

Then there’s Kate Sullivan, the new girl at school. She’s not hostile. She’s bold. Funny. Hot. But she’s got an agenda, too.

With supposedly secret powers rippling to the surface everywhere around him, Hunter knows something ugly is about to go down. But finding out what means he’ll have to find someone he can trust…


Oh my god, Hunter! 

That punk god-like kid that just transferred into the school. Having girls drool all over him even though he is not the typical guy that you would fall for considering how badly he felt that he screwed over the Merrick brothers and Becca. New Kid, you're not doing so hot. 

But when the new girl Kate comes into town, he is acting like a school-boy and blushing. No one was able to match him for him until she came along. Dark secrets hidden under the charade of acting like a normal kid in high school when in reality, he can feel every emotion of those around him because he is one of the Fifth Elements, the Spirit.

Every single time that they hung out, the only song that came to my mind was Maybe Someday - Teen Hearts because directly in the lyrics, it says, "I've got this Ghost-buster T shirt/
And you wear vintage couture" and that is exactly how I pictured the two main characters in this book.

The plot twist at the end just about broke my heart and finally, Hunter has found his place. He has found everything that he questioned. 

Anyways, I rate this book 4.5 out of 5 stars and again, I warn you, there are some graphic material but not as much as the other two books did. I should have warned you. Maybe it was because I was reading this in class while trying to listen to a lecture that I kept squirming in my seat just picturing everything that was going on. 

Do read this book and tell me what you think. 

I swear, my book boyfriends list is getting too long... Who am I kidding? There is never enough. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds and I will be back with Secret - Brigid Kemmerer and Darkness Becomes Her - Kelly Keaton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR