Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkins (Mara Dyer Trilogy #1)

Published Date: September 27, 2011
Genre: Paranormal/Young Adult

Synopsis: Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can. 
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. 
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. 
She's wrong.


Oh my god... 


I fell in love with this novel. It is usually so hard to captivate my interest but this sparked and ignited it. It is an instant favorite. Michelle Hodkin does a fantastic job of grabbing her reader's attention by the eyes. I would have said throat but that did not make sense for reading a book... Anyways, like I said, I am in love with this book and the other two books in the series. But those reviews will come a bit later.

Mara Dyer is one of the most messed up girls you'll ever meet but you'll fall in love with her right away because of her spunky attitude and her doesn't-have-a-care-in-the-world view of everyone in her school. Her other half, Noah Shaw, well, guess I can add him to my book boyfriend lists. He is the typical, I-hate-you boy right off the bat but how he endlessly sticks up for the new girl in the school is the sweetest thing that I have read. Not the typical: "Hey, yeah, I am a guy and guess what I want? Sex." No, this is the most real romance book that is messed up and tragic at the same time. 

It at first seemed like Noah was not real and rather a figment of her imagination because you are following Mara along her journey of recovering lost time and memory. You can tell from her perspective that she feels like she is going insane because she does things and does not even remember doing so. I mean, even I would feel even crazier than I naturally am if the things that were happening to her, were happening to me. 

I am in love with the cover art but unfortunately, I don't see how it portrays to the story at all but maybe I am looking over it or straight in the eye and I am just blind as a bat.I am going to go ahead and rate this a 4.7 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a new book or trilogy to be obsessed with. 

I am hopefully going to be able to review Sinister 2 since it has come into theaters. I am going to also be reviewing Darkness Becoming Her - Kelly Keaton and Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Also, thank you to one of my cousin for getting me obsessed with The Mara Dyer series. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds and I will blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR