Tuesday, February 2, 2016

ARC: The Burning Offer - Aubrey Parker (Trevor's Harem #1)

Release Date: February 2, 2016
Genre: New Adult
Synopsis: The anonymous invitation that someone slipped under my door promises $1,000. Just for meeting a man downtown, in a public place, no questions asked. 
There’s no catch. I’ve checked. A banker vouched for the offer, the funds, and the wealth of my unknown host. I just have to show up. And given what’s gone wrong in Miami, I’m desperate for money. 
A man I can’t stand I can make more than I ever imagined, Daniel Rice tells me, if I agree to take part in a competition. 
But Daniel doesn’t impress me, with his tailored suit and silver cufflinks, with his big hands and callous manner. If Daniel is Trevor Ross’s right-hand man, I don’t even want to hear about Trevor’s little contest. 
It doesn’t matter how rich Trevor is. Daniel is a brute and a bastard, and for some reason he seems to hate me. 
Everything in me screams to run away, no matter how much I’m secretly drawn to Daniel. 
So why am I still here? 
A proposal I can’t believe Daniel is like an addiction, chipping away at my resolve, piece by piece. 
Just get into the limousine. Just get on the private plane. Just fly to an airstrip at the foot of the largest, most luxurious estate I’ve ever seen. Just stay the first night, then another. Tell no one where I’ve gone, or why. 
At each stage, they offer more money, easing me into the competition with all the other girls. 
I just wish it was only the money keeping me here. 
An offer I can’t refuse I only need to stay here in this place to make all that I need. I don’t even have to “participate” like the other girls do. 
There are twelve of us, but alliances were forming before I arrived. There are the three hired men, each one hotter than the last. There’s Trevor. And Daniel -- who the rules say I must stay away from. But I can’t. 
Daniel tells me I’m his, not Trevor’s or anyone else’s. He says he owns me. I hate the way he talks to me. But I can’t resist him, no matter the penalty. 
The rules say I can leave whenever I want. 
But for some reason, I don’t. 
Desperate times call for desperate pleasures.

I immediately fell in love with this book. Words cannot explain how well this book was written.

When I first read Aubrey Parker with The Boss's Daughter, I wasn't impressed very much. But then I read The Forbidden Muse and The Second Chance. I started falling in love with her at every turn that she gave her readers.

The Burning Offer is definitely one of the nittiest and grittiest books that she has ever given me. Though... I fell in love with how I was on my toes. Bridget is one of my favorite characters from The Inferno Falls series but we didn't get much of her throughout the three books. 

Now that Trevor's Harem has released, I know that we are going to love her. When Daniel was introduced... Dear Lordy, I think I may need some new panties. I just picture this beautiful creature when I think of him. 

When the other men are introduced... Well, I knew that I was going to love this book in general. Oh, holy hot men. They just sound attractive and Daniel, he definitely knows how to drive you crazy. When I was reading this book, I absolutely thought that Trevor is a freak for even thinking of doing this with women but whatever works to find your perfect match.

I finished this book within the day and it is definitely one of those books that you just cannot put down. If you aren't into the whole erotica scene, this book isn't for you. But it is definitely filled with romance. The forbidden kind of course. What's better than that? 

Lights, camera, action. Those words can all describe what is going on and what is to happen in this series. I gobbled this book up and I wish it didn't end so soon. Like why, Aubrey? You hook me and then you sink me. I need more of Trevor's Harem so I hope that I can get more soon. Especially in 2016. Maybe next month? I rate this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR