Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Complicated - Ghiselle St. James (Tainted Love #2.5)

Published Date: April 25, 2015
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Seven years ago, a secret had torn them apart, but their love always pulled them back together. Things have taken a turn for the worse, and once again, circumstances have brought them together. Can Rachel continue to hide behind her past, or will she stop running from the one man she would love forever? Can Marshall get his girl back, or will it always be a complicated cycle of make ups and break ups?

When Ghiselle came into contact with me about the books, I knew that after reading the synopsis, I just had to get my hands on it. Please excuse my grabby hands while I start reading one book after another.

With this series, the story line did rapidly move forward and it was hard to keep up with every single detail but Marshall and Rachel's relationship wasn't the ideal one. That's for sure. As you further their story,you want to smack Rachel. Several times if I may add.

I just cannot deal with the ongoing cycle between the two and I just don't understand. Well, I guess that is why the book is called Complicated. However, I cannot say that I didn't like the book. It kept me well on my toes and I think the main reason I was confused was because I was thrown right in the middle of their relationship. I didn't get the full feel.

Marshall, an attractive man that is obviously very old compared to an underage girl. But this is the romance that you like to call taboo. Something that you don't want to talk about because it's a hush hush situation. You don't really expect it to happen and boom, it hits you in the face.

The way the book ended made me immediately open up the next one and you just have to continue to read the series. Or the novellas. Whichever you'd like to say this book is. Definitely a short read so if you're looking for a thrilling, short taboo romance, this is the read for you. A simple but demurring 3.9 stars out of 5. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR