Monday, February 15, 2016

Blood & Secrets - Helen Bright (Night Movers Vampires #2)

Published Date: August 31, 2015
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Synopsis: Keeley Saunders has finally got her life together, and the future looks rosy for the lonely single parent for a change. She has a new job as P.A to the Russian billionaire vampire, Gregor Antonov, her daughter, Daisy is about to start full time school, her dad is finally getting help with his alcohol addiction, and she’s found love with the man/vampire of her dreams. 
But people are keeping secrets which is rarely a good thing. 
Just when things couldn’t get any better for Keeley, she is the victim of a brutal attack that changes her life forever. 
Will Keeley ever get a chance at real happiness again? And are all secrets bad? 

When I first started the Night Movers Vampires series from Helen Bright, I was pretty unsure of the whole plot line. Maybe it was because the first book made my head hurt with the amount of characters point of views in it. From what I understood was that the first book was history and it makes sense because history was not my strongest pursuit nor will it ever be.

But when I started the second book to the series, I gobbled it right up. It was impossibly perfect and I can add Helen Bright to one of my favorite self-published authors. Though, there are some quirks that I would love to point out... Sigh. 

Keeley is someone that you just enjoy having a conversation with especially with her daughter, Daisy.  They bring joy to everyone and you can appreciate Keeley for the strong woman aspect of everything. From the beginning of the book, you have to roll your eyes that Keeley is awfully popular with the men. From Gregor to Josh, they are chummy with her. 

But the only man for Keeley is... DRUMROLL PLEASE. (Sorry, you'll have to 1-Click this book). Don't hate me. 

It's one of the books that will make your heart beat fast as the book moves forward. Maybe it is because Helen writes the books in first person for each character and doesn't overwhelm you in this book, you just have to put yourself in the shoes of the characters.

If you read book 1, you'll definitely want to continue the series. I rate this a solid 4.2 out of 5 stars. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR