Wednesday, March 9, 2016

ARC: Justice for Corrie - Susan Stoker (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #3)

Published Date: March 8, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Blind since birth, Corrie Madison relies on her other sharpened senses in her job as a chiropractor. Never did she imagine she’d have to depend on them to identify a killer. But when a man enters her practice, murdering everyone in his path, Corrie is the only witness—putting her directly in the killer’s crosshairs. 

Officer Quint Axton wasn’t looking for love, or even a relationship, until he meets Corrie. Beautiful and brave, resilient and intelligent, she’s everything Quint wants—if he can keep her alive long enough to explore their mutual attraction. The threats on Corrie’s life are escalating. Surely a blind person is helpless against a ruthless killer? 

Hardly. Corrie is about to prove that disabled does not equal defenseless. 

You know, after this book, it took me a good while to process everything. I never realized how grateful I am to have all five senses. Granted that most of them don't work to the best of the abilities but honestly, Corrie did prove to me that just because you are disabled does not mean that you are defenseless. You have the means to be strong. But you have to be willing to take that leap. 

There was a part in the book that made me cry. What Corrie went through as a person, you just have to show the emotions for her. Okay, another part, I laughed out loud about the reaction and conversation between Quint and Corrie. 

You can definitely add Quint to your book boyfriends list because I definitely did after this. 

There is this creepy antagonist that will have you shiver straight through your body because of how slimy and snarky he is. He needs to learn to keep his dick in his pants because it creeps me out just thinking that there are freaks like this... I have been watching my back ever since this book and though it is slightly terrifying, I kind of liked that there was some creepy shite within this book.

Not only was this book romantically perfect with a strong female character but it had the funny moments that made you feel like you were already there by Corrie and Quint's side, enjoying their conversations. 

This is definitely a book that I would buy if I didn't already have it. So go get it because I know for a fact that you will love this book to infinity especially if you like rom coms in books. With a rating of 4 out of 5 stars, I can honestly say that I loved this book with my heart. I got to connect with Corrie and Quint right away because this book is a stand alone. So take the time to read this book and even go back and read the previous ones.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR