Saturday, March 19, 2016

Dangerous Ties - J.L. Beck (Ties #1)

Published Date: January 18, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: He was bold, intoxicating, and held a darkness that pulled at my heart-strings. 
I wanted him from the very first moment I saw him across the dance floor at the club. 
She was quiet, but her eyes and body said everything her words couldn't. I didn't know who she was when I took her and made her my own. 
We had already crossed a dangerous line—a line where there was no coming back. We were on the run. From whom, I didn't know, but he told me it would all be okay, and he would do whatever he could to protect me from the people who were hunting us. 
What I failed to see was how the monster had always been right within reach. Now that I was a part of his world, his life, and hopefully, his heart, could I survive the carnage that was about to take place? 
The ties that bound us were also the ties that would end us.
I loved him, and now all that was left for me was death.


Grayson has this alluring darkness that surrounds him and poor little Ellie doesn't know what she is getting into when Gray sets his eyes on her. She gravitates towards him though there are warning signs that go off in her head. 

But he is sexy. Dangerous. Bold. Intoxicating. Something that you should avoid. 

As the story develops, relationships are developed. Alpha Male power ON. Yeah, all of these mercenaries are impossibly daring and there are things that make your heart break for Ellie. Throughout the whole story, it switches from the past to the present and it instilled fear into my hearts.

Ellie is psychologically messed up. All of the male figures in her life are impossibly abusive. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. Psychologically. I personally have a messed up head. So I enjoyed this book because it inflicted so many raw emotions.

So I can say that if you are as messed up as I am, you will definitely love this book. 

Grayson has suffered in multiple ways and you have to feel a little sympathy for him. He doesn't show his emotions on the exterior. But with all honesty, he is sexy. As aforementioned. Will I add him onto my book boyfriends list? Yes please. 

There was definitely a part at the end that drove me to throw my phone until I started to cry. I threw a tantrum. So with a tantalizing 5 GRAY stars out of 5, I can recommend this book to anyone and everyone. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR