Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Falling for Hudson - Alexandria Bishop (Marlowe #2)

Published Date: December 22, 2015
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Orphaned and alone, Chloe Weston is forced to leave everything she knows and start over with nothing more than a shattered heart. But it isn't long until the Hartley boys–both of them–begin to mend the broken pieces. Kind, loving, and reliable Hudson Hartley would move mountains to see her smile. On the contrary, fun, sexy, bad boy, Jax Hartley, only wants to help her forget about her pain. Filling the void in Chloe's life, the brothers vie for her attention--and heart. But only one can have her...

Oh my goodness... My love for this book is unreal. Well, literally. Unreal. I was not a big fan of Chloe and it took me a while to get through this book. I suppose that there is some love for Hudson other than the whole situation at the end. Maybe it was because I wasn't able to bond with the characters and more or less thrown into the story.

Eventually, you do warm up to Chloe... I mean, I did. She's absolutely heartbreaking and yet she is one of the strongest characters that I have met because she fights for what's hers.

Without giving any spoilers, I can easily say that there is a classic bitch, a mean girls posse, a heartbreaking heroine, and a handsome fella(s). You know what I mean? ;) 

But I did like the whole book regardless of insta-love scenarios. I'm not usually huge fan of them but I can say that I am not disappointed either.

There are definitely situations where you want to smack yourself in the head. Repeatedly. Quite hard, actually. But this book was a definitely a classic romance.

It was the classical story of boy meets girl and girl falls for another boy. Did I end up enjoying the story though the cliche remarks? Yes. Yes, I did, and I am not ashamed of it. With a solid 3 out of 5 stars, I can definitely recommend this for anyone that is a born romantic. 

This book is a standalone but please, I implore you to read the first book before diving into this one. Don't make my mistakes. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

1 comment:

  1. Props for giving such an honest review. Actually, I've read through four of your reviews and I love that your not afraid to say how you really feel. I don't always agree with people's reviews because I think they aren't being totally honest. So, it's really refreshing to see such truthfulness.
    I'd be drawn to this book because of the whole good/bad guy in love with a girl. Thank You for letting me and other readers in on how you perceived the book and characters. It's hard to relate to and continue to read a book if you don't care for the main character(s).

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR