Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Boy (Movie Review)

Release Date: January 22, 2016
Genre: Horror
Synopsis: 
A young American named Greta (Lauren Cohan) takes a job as a nanny for an 8-year-old boy in a remote English village. To her surprise, Greta learns that the child of her new employers is a life-size doll. They care for the doll as if it was human, which helps the couple to cope with the death of their own son 20 years earlier. When Greta violates a list of strict rules, a series of disturbing and inexplicable events bring her worst fears to life, leading her to believe that the doll is alive.

There are two things that I want to point out about this movie. 
1. I absolutely adore Lauren Cohan especially from The Walking Dead because who doesn't like zombie killing machine? 
2. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate dolls. They creep me out with their vacant stares. It's almost like they are staring into your souls. Yeah... Nobody likes that. So when I know someone who loves and collects them, I back away very slowly. 

This movie was a mix of horror and romance. Who doesn't like that combination? Especially in the time of death, love is still in the damn air. Can you blame them? Lauren Cohan is an amazing actress and I don't know what I would do if she just left The Walking Dead. 

However... This movie reminded me a delightful mix of Annabelle and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can honestly say that I wasn't disappointed in this movie. I was hiding behind my hands most of the time because I ran out of food to munch on when I nervous. I'm a nervous eater... Yikes.

The horrific storyline was fantastically put together from the creepy home to the strange people to the history. I almost wanted to cry and I practically did after watching this movie. I hate driving home alone at night. It truly terrifies me. But what am I going to do? I'm a horror movie buff. 

When the movie first started off, I got the vibe of the classic horror movie... Girl unknowingly goes into bad situation. Bad situation happens. Everyone dies except the girl. Oh yay. BORING. But this movie gave you a major twist in the head that it messed with you psychologically and ended up saving the entire film. Thank God. 

This movie was a solid 4 out of 5 stars but I am still debating whether to add it into my horror movie collection. 

Blog you later, awesome nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR