Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Shade of Blood - Bella Forrest (Shade of Vampire #2)

Published Date: April 8, 2013
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: In A Shade Of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…

When Sofia Claremont was kidnapped to a sunless island, uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet, she believed she’d forever be a captive of its dark ruler, Derek Novak.

Now, after months of surviving an endless night, the morning sun may soon rise again for Sofia. Something has possessed Derek’s heart and he offers her a gift no human slave has ever been given in the history of his cursed island: escape. 

High school, prom and a chance to move on with her life now await her. 

But will she be able to forget the horrors that steal her sleep away at night? … and the feelings that haunt her for that tormented prince of darkness?

Okay, I don't even know where to start with this book. Maybe I should have stopped at the first book and called it quits then and there. Okay, I was desperate to continue the book and see where it led me on The Shade. The sunless island. 

I don't know who I am more annoyed with. Ben or Derek. Take your pick. 

I choose Ben.

Ben's annoying qualities: 
1. You only like Sofia because she was getting pulled away from you.
2. Because Derek Novak likes her.
3. Your eyes were suddenly opened.
4. Your cockiness.
5. You're the classic jock.
6. You think with your penis and not your mind.

Derek's annoying qualities:
1. You're supposedly different.
2. You're infatuated. Not in love. Difference.
3. You want a human connection. 
4. You're broody as hell.

This book wasn't nearly as great as the first book was and well, I was excited to read the second one. But I am sure it had me going, "WTF" majority of the time. Why do I put myself through that... I like the first book and then I impulse buy. Sorry, can I have my money back please?

You want an honest review? The first book could've and should've stayed a standalone. The happily ever after scenario. Fair enough, right? That's all someone could ask for. At first, I really liked Sofia because she gave Derek a different view in life. She made him into a whole new person. A better person. You know? You've heard the saying, "oh they changed each other for the better", that's what Derek and Sofia did for each other. 

But then, of course, Ben comes into the picture and makes this a wacked out love triangle, or I guess rectangle because of Lucas's freaking obsession with her. But at the end of the book, I am pretty sure that this book is going to be this wacked out love freaking polygon. I can't even describe it.

Oh, did I mention that Sofia slightly annoyed me too? 
1. You left Derek.
2. You forgot about Derek.
3. You make me want to toss my Kindle across the room.
4. You run into the arms of Ben.
5. You run back into the arms of Derek.

Like what? You're becoming someone that I don't like. When she did run back into the arms of Derek, she had to be knocked out again. Wait what? 

"He took my bag and sheepishly smiled at me as he lifted a syringe to my neck. 'You know the drill.'
I rolled my eyes. 'Fine'...As the sedative lured me to unconsciousness, I allowed myself a small smile. It felt like I was about to go home."

Hold on... What? I mean, I found this completely contradictory since Vivienne already gave Sofia her memories henceforth, she knows how to get there... Why would she need a freaking sedative, yet again. 

Now personally, I think I am going to continue the series because I have this weird obsession to continue the books even though one disappointed me. The rating for this particular novel is a 2 out of 5 stars. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR