Wednesday, January 20, 2016

TAUT: The Ford Book - J.A. Huss (Rook & Ronin Spinoff)

Published Date: January 20, 2014
Genre: New Adult
Synopsis: Ford Aston is known for many things. Being an emotionless, messed up bastard, a freakishly smart social outcast, and a cold, domineering master who keeps "pets" instead of girlfriends.

And after Rook broke his heart, he plans to keep it that way.

Ashleigh is known for nothing, and that's exactly what she's got going for her. She's broke, stranded in the mountains with a three month old baby, and Ford Aston is screwing with her head.

Big. Time.

And she plans to mess with his right back.

It's a coy game at first, filled with flirting, and innuendo--but Ford soon realizes something is not quite right with Ashleigh. In fact, something is seriously, seriously wrong and the closer they get to their final destination, the closer Ford gets to the truth.

One night of devastation, self-loathing, and emptiness turns into the best thing that ever happened to Ford Aston. But one day of in-your-face reality threatens Ashleigh's whole existence.

Well first off, TAUT is officially two years old and so I want to say congratulations J.A. Huss for such a beautifully made and successful book. 

If you haven't read the previous books, go back and read them. At first, you'll find Ford as an unbearable character. Truly. He's as ruthless as he sounds. You see in the synopsis, how heartless of a person he is. But then, I read his novella and well, I definitely added Ford to my book boyfriends list.

He is the ultimate heartbreaker and heart breaking. All he ever wanted was a nice girl. Settle down. That kind of a lifestyle but after setting his eyes on Rook, his heart and breath was stolen. All he wanted was her. Then after she stole his heart, she broke it. 

Now he is determined to stay the bachelor that he is. Can you blame him? 

"'You've changed me, Rook. You make me weak, you make me stumble, you make me fall, and even though i know you'll pick me up if I ask you to, it's not enough.'" Is that not the most swoon-worthy quote but also the most heartbreaking one? Like why? Why does Ford have to be treated like this. 


Ford is a Runner. He is going to keep running until he finds his reason to stop. Needless to say, I thought that Ford was an asshole. Hell, he is one. He definitely reminds me of an onion. You have to peel back the layers, one at a time and then you get to his soft center. Also, he makes you cry. Especially in this book. I cannot stop crying over him.


Now I just cannot get enough of Ford. He's definitely on my book boyfriends list. I swear... As I continue reading, there will never be enough of the men who fill it. 

When Ashleigh was introduced, I think I may have found my female lover. She is strong and beautiful. Tragic and yet lucky. I definitely fell in love with her as a character. Demanding and smart. God, she was amazing. Plus, I am a complete sucker for babies and since Kate was in the story, that may have helped too. Baby fever. I swear that it is a real thing. 

Anyways, I think that it is safe to say that I can rate this a good 4 out of 5 stars because J.A. Huss never disappoints and this story was a beautiful story of two people saving each other. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR