Monday, January 4, 2016

ARC: Tracing Hearts - Kate Squires

Published Date: November 30, 2015
Genre: New Adult
Synopsis: Paired together as childhood pen pals, Sebastian Vaughn and Julia Bessette grow up writing back and forth. Even though they live worlds apart, their lives intersect in ways that no one could ever imagine.
As young adults, their paths initially cross, when a concerned Sebastian pays heartbroken Julia a surprise visit. The two spend only a few short days together, but the spark is undeniable. However, tragedy comes in all forms, and soon they're separated.
Fast forward a few years, and fate finds Army Captain Vaughn in a dangerous situation, where he’s forced to go into hiding. Out of desperation and a primal need to be near her, he unintentionally drags Julia into his treacherous world. Feeling responsible, he vows to protect her above all else, but will the cost be too high?
Meanwhile, Julia willingly goes on the run with Sebastian, sacrificing her way of life, and her safety, for the man she hopes is the one. She worries about his rejection, but more so than that, she worries about never again feeling the way she feels when she’s with him.
Can the couple make it out alive? Can they find each other in the process, or will it all be too much to bear?

This is another one of Kate Squires book. I told you, I read her books and kind of fell in love with her. Her writing style makes it easy and the characters make it even better. Especially in this book. It starts off with a little prologue and internally, I was freaking out. I wanted to know what happened. Then it starts.

You kind of fell in love with this book because you're not getting a brief background on their childhood. You rather live through it with them. Sometimes, I wish my teachers were cool enough to get pen pals for us. 

In all honesty, my childhood was really sucky when you compare it to Julia and Sebastian's. I loved their connection. Usually, it's hard to meet that kind of person. Damn, it was fate to meet each other and stay in each other's lives. 

Do you believe in fate? Because after this book, I kind of do. Of course, this is a work of fiction but their love was deniable right from the beginning. I'm pretty sure I looked crazy in public as I would 'AWWWWW' every other page. 

This is the kind of love that every kid dreams of. You know, that fairytale-type? I mean, don't go off marrying a person that you just met unless if you're trying to unite countries... LOL. Like we need to do that right now. In all honesty, the story behind this shows military romance challenges.

As my number one brother from another mother, best friend ever, is in the Marines, I can understand the constant worry about someone that you care about. 
This is when he came the next day. 
So this here, is a blog post shout out to my best friend and all the other troops that serve and protect.

I think that this is the best book to start 2016 off with. I hope to begin this new year with you and reign in some amazing people to continue to read my post. 

This is a book that you rate a heavy 4.5 out of 5 stars. One of the sweetest love stories ever. So if you like the sappy stories, this is a book for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR