Sunday, January 3, 2016

I Will Catch You - Kate Squires

Published Date: June 16, 2015
Genre: New Adult
Synopsis: From the author of That Kiss, and That Promise, comes another tale of romance and excitement!
Sydney Baxter likes her independence. She’s strong willed, determined, and well aware that her judgment, pertaining to men, cannot be trusted.
When she meets a very sexy Ryan Underwood, she instantly becomes mesmerized. Unable or unwilling to shake her fascination with him, she sets out on a course that could possibly leave her vulnerable…again.
From uncertainty, to volatile situations, many obstacles stand in the way of her road to happiness, but Sydney’s past is the biggest one.
Is Ryan’s seemingly nice-guy image genuine? Can she trust him, or will he leave her even more damaged? Despite their ups and downs, can Ryan show her he’s not like all the rest? **May contain triggers for some people**

You're immediately drawn into the book and this is a book that you cannot put down. I thought that I was going to stop at one of the chapters but I kept flipping through because you just love the strength of Sydney. 

As you read this book, you slightly figure out what the hell is going on in this book but when the words finally tell you what the hell happened, it definitely triggered some of the most emotional feelings ever. Whether you cry easily or not, this book is definitely a must read. Though, I wouldn't recommend reading it before bed because: 
1. You won't be able to put the book down.
2. You will probably cry your eyes out and look like a puff face when you wake up.

Are you kidding me? I can't even rate this book enough because of the fact that Sydney Baxter is one determined chick. She loves to dance and be with friends. There is no stopping this girl from living her life. Except one thing.

When you meet all obstacles, you want to just hug Sydney because of all that she went through. But when I think of the situations, I think of one guy like Thor and the other like some slug man. A guy in the book is utterly despicable and I have too be honest, I loved Sydney and Ryan's relationship. How it progressed and fell. Sydney's utter horror towards him. Her love. Her friendship. There were no bounds to keep them apart from each other. 

Okay? Are you an animal lover because I am! This book centers animals as some of influential characters and strong centers in the books. Especially since some of the characters are veterinarians and damn, that's hot. An animal doctor? I mean, human doctors can be attractive too but whoooooo, how they describe Ryan is hot as hell.

Again, as the synopsis forewarned you all, this book may contain some triggers for people and I woke up with puffy eyes and face after reading this book. Needless to say, my best friend got mad at me for waking her up the next morning and started the conversation out with, 'I cried myself to sleep last night'. She thought something big happened -- Well, scratch that. Something big did happen. I found an author that I know that I can put on my TBR list for all of her books.

Her books contain plot twists and some happy endings but then again, I am only judging off of two books. Let's see where she will take me next. 

I rate this book a solid 4.3 out of 5 stars. STOP MAKING ME CRY, KATE! I don't want to be an emotional wreck, thank you very much.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR