Friday, January 29, 2016

Shadowhunters: "Dead Man's Party" (Ep. 3)

Release Date: January 27, 2016
Genre: Young Adult
Okay, okay. So maybe, I was a bit harsh in the beginning of the show. Trying to be critical of a show is hard but like I said, this show is a free form show. Hence, the fact that they do not and will never follow a book.

The actors and actresses actually are not too shabby. I'm rather fond of the show now and I did re-watch the episodes several times. The special effects weren't bad and the characters are somewhat accurately portrayed. The underlying messages from the books are seen in the show as well as they can but you can't really do much without spoiling the entire plot of the books.

You learn a lot about what is going on in episode 3 and it is definitely the best episode yet. If they keep going at this rate, there will be more fans than you will know. ;) 

I am now watching the show more or less through the eyes of someone who hasn't read the books. I am trying to psych myself up to re-read the books again. I more or less am enjoying the show but again, it would have been better if they followed the book.

When I read the books, I definitely pictured the vampires to not look so pale rather but normal looking. Maybe they look better under glamour but what are we supposed to do? We aren't the directors. They reminded me a lot of Twilight vampires however mixed in with Vampire Diaries vampires. They are pale as hell but they burn in the sun.

The bikes were hot though. I loved the motorcycles and how fast they ran especially what they ran on. Ultimately when it comes down to this episode, I can get this a good 3 out of 5 stars. They are definitely getting up there and hopefully, they will follow the books a little more. It's all the book lovers want.

Plus we want more Simon Lewis for he is definitely a yummy mundie. We love our yummy mundies. ;)

Recap: With Simon being held captive at The Hotel DuMort, Clary pleads with Jace, Alec and Isabelle to help her rescue her best friend. As the team readies for the mission, Jace helps Clary learn more about her Shadowhunter powers, Isabelle turns to her favorite Seelie for Intel, and Alec begins to question Jace’s motives and his place in their partnership.
Meanwhile, a very scared Simon gets very up close and personal with Camille, the leader of the vampire clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR