Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter (The Goddess Test #1)

Published Date: April 19, 2011
Genre: Young Adult
Synopsis: Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
If she fails...
I have to be honest. This book makes me fall in love with Young Adult books all over again. No matter how many years go by, Aimee Carter is definitely someone that I can appreciate for her amazing writing.
Kate Winters is the new girl of the school because she had isolated herself from her own life to take care of her mom. You got that from the synopsis right? 
Dear Negative Readers, I saw people complaining their shits about this book and the historical inaccuracy. I'm sorry what? I thought this book was supposed to be a FANTASY NOVEL, not a HISTORY BOOK. Come you guys, this is just ridiculous and I am about to flip a table at how people are 'doing the research for her' or 'enlightening her'. Excuse me, what? AGAIN, THIS STUFF IS FANTASY. THIS IS HER WORK OF ART. I get it, some of you guys are history buffs and like the accuracy in it. Simply to say, this book is just not for you if you cannot handle the fact of enjoying a book for the entertainment purposes and how incredibly sweet this romance turns out to be, then this book isn't for you. 

I read this way back in the transition from middle school to high school for me and I didn't really understand the negativity that authors go through. At least be a little constructive, not bash them down.
Don't get me wrong. I can definitely be a negative Nancy on some books but merely on the writing of it. Not the facts about it. Like are you kidding me? Go to freaking History class and learn the shit about this if it's really bugging you in a work of fiction. 

Nobody likes ranters so I am ending this soon.
Hades and Persephone's story is merely a guy that kidnaps a girl and keeps her hostage, marries her, and runs away. Again, that is also a work of fiction. It's mythology. I hope that people understand that mythology changes as the days, weeks, months, years, decades, etc, etc, go by. 
RANT OVER. Onto my review.
I loved this story just because it was a big breather on the whole take of mythology. This book was the start of my bookshelf and will forever be cherished. 

This is where I fell in love with Aimee Carter and where it will continue to hold a place in my heart. I fell in love with Kate Winters because she wasn't some extraordinary girl that wanted to stand out in school. No, she wanted to get through until her mom leaves her life.

Again, this was a fresh take on Greek mythology, my favorite kind. I loved the fact who the antagonist was in the story and how the story of Hades and Persephone was portrayed. The links of everyone and it makes you think hard as hell, who is who. You can't look it up because that definitely takes the fun out of it. 

People were complaining about the names and I want to just wave my hand and be like, "Bro. Chill. Story is a work of fiction." 

Anyways, I loved how the romance develops and if you can't handle the idea of people fighting for each other, this story isn't for you. I rate this story a solid 4.5 out of 5. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR