Thursday, January 28, 2016

The 5th Wave (Movie Review)

Release Date: January 22, 2016
Genre: Action
Synopsis: 
The human race stands on the brink of extinction as a series of alien attacks decimate the planet, causing earthquakes, tsunamis and disease. Separated from her family, teenager Cassie Sullivan (Chloë Grace Moretz) will do whatever it takes to reunite with her brother Sam (Zackary Arthur). Fate leads her to form an alliance with Evan Walker (Alex Roe), a young man who may be her last hope. Forced to trust each other, Cassie and Evan fight for survival as the invaders prepare a fifth assault.

First off, what the hell.

If you are going to make a movie, please do it by the book. Not your artistic view of it. I was very upset by the movie and the child next to me. 

Enough with the commentary. If I wanted to watch how the directors made it or even hear about it, I would have watched that version.

I definitely think the book was better than the movie. Why? 

My reasons: 
1. Cassiopeia Sullivan wasn't supposed to be a popular girl. She was the wall flower.
2. Evan Walker wasn't attractive as they made him up to be. Except his body.
3. Ben Parish was supposed to be the ultimate attractive guy. Trust me. There was better in the movie.
4. Cassie looked like she was 12.
5. She wasn't supposed to sing.

At least they got the alien portion right. Somewhat. I laughed really hard at the alien figment that they created. I loved how cliche it looked and I was giggling straight through it. Although, they got the story wrong, I loved the aliens. They were definitely the best part about the movie.  

Go Liev Schreiber. ;) I truly did like your acting for Colonel Vosch.

Chloe Grace Moretz, you run pretty well with a bum leg and everything. You know... Being shot. But I'm sure Alex Roe's kisses do make up for everything. 

Ringer or Maika Monroe is an amazing actress. I love her as the girl power figure. She can give two shites about men and their perverted thoughts.

Anyways. My rating is probably going to be a 2.6 out of 5. I really wish it was better but I am no movie critic. The special effects were off but you know. You only have a small budget to make it post-apocolyptic. 

Blog you later, awesome nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR