Sunday, May 15, 2016

ARC: Asleep - Krystal Wade

Published Date: February 16, 2016
Genre: Horror
Synopsis: "To cure fear, you must use fear." 
Rose Briar claims no responsibility for the act that led to her imprisonment in an asylum. She wants to escape, until terrifying nightmares make her question her sanity and reach out to her doctor. He’s understanding and caring in ways her parents never have been, but as her walls tumble down and Rose admits fault, a fellow patient warns her to stop the medications. Phillip believes the doctor is evil and they’ll never make it out of the facility alive. Trusting him might be just the thing to save her. Or it might prove the asylum is exactly where she needs to be.

You can already tell from the cover that this was going to be a creepy one before you even read it or saw the genre. Though this book became better, I do have to warn ahead that there is a slow beginning. I don't know if I even liked the beginning because it moved like a slug. 

Now personally, I felt that it gave me the perfect feel of creepy horror that I oh so crave and haven't had since the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark when I was a child. So the fact that I got my fill on this and also have it not to be ridiculously cheesy, romantic, or flat out stupid, makes it all the better. 

It makes you feel crazy in the end and not the other way around. It twists and turns the mechanisms in your brain and there is no way to overcome them. 

So to cure fear, you must use fear.

I think Krystal Wade does a fantastic job at capturing her readers in the end but not so much in the beginning. I felt that it was slow and rather childish. But I did end up liking it to an extent for a 3.3 out of 5 stars.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR