Friday, May 13, 2016

You Don't Own Me: A Bad Boy Mafia Romance - Georgia Le Carre (The Russian Don #1)

Published Date: March 17, 2016
Genre: Romance/Erotica
Synopsis: Dahlia 'You Don't Own Me.'  Zane 'In my world I own everything.'
Zane
I'm everything a mother prays her daughter will never come across.
Manwhore, Mafia boss and ruthless killer.
I've never met a woman who could hold my attention longer than it took to satisfy my c**k.
Until Dahlia Fury.
She alone is different. She walked into my world, the way a lamb strays into the path of a wolf, completely defenseless.
She made me hard the moment our eyes locked. I had to have her. But I never imagined taking her would be like popping a powerful drug. One I'd crave over and over.
The heat between us is blazing, like nothing I've experienced before, and every time I see her I want to devour her inch by inch.
I defined the terms of our arrangement (one month), but each time I brand her, like a damned addict I need another fix ...

-
Dahlia
'You can do it. It's just a simple Swedish massage,' my friend pleaded. I should have listened to my inner voice. I shouldn't have gone, but I didn't, and ended up in a room alone with the epitome of an Alpha male, a sexy powerful Mafia boss with eyes cold enough to freeze my blood.
He took hold of my body in the most shockingly possessive way. He made me lose control. I ran from him as if all the devils in hell were hot on my heels, but he never left my mind.  
Then, something unthinkable happens and the cold-hearted predator is the only one who can help. He agrees to help, but ... nothing is for free.
Now I roam around his London mansion waiting for him to summon me, touch me, arouse me, and satisfy me.  
The way only my Russian Man Beast can...

Oh god damn, this is a book that has kept me on my toes and that has not happened in a really long time. But there were some downfalls and I am going to tell you some of them.

My insides shriveled up as soon as I read the first encounter between Dahlia and Zane. It was crude, rude, and plain out disgusting. I mean, there was only so much that I could take from this book before I had to close it. 

But from what I know, this was meant to be an erotica. So I braved through it again and it actually started to bring my attention up again. I wasn't getting bored as I predicted because it was steamy. It was hot. It was sexy.

Though, I do have to take an honest route and call rape in some case here. But you will have to read this book before you can call your own shots on this. Because in the end, I did end up falling in love with Zane. The unpredictable and yet ultimate alpha book boyfriend.

But hey, this book as mentioned was as hot as a sauna inside of a volcano. Yeah, that's hot, hot, hot. But without giving away too many spoilers because of the fact I don't want to ruin this book for those that are wanting to read this book. I will say in the end, I did enjoy this book enough to rate it a high 3.9 out of 5 stars. 

It wasn't goddamn awful but I wish I could get some whiteout and white it out.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR