Saturday, May 28, 2016

ARC: Monday - E.L. Todd (Timeless #1)

Published Date: May 3, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: I don’t believe in destiny. 
In fate. 
Or in soul mates. 
But I believe in Hawke. 
My life has never been whole since my parents left forever. I have my brother, someone I can barely tolerate most of the time, and I have my best friend, Marie. 
And I have myself. 
But when Hawke walks into my life, there’s an immediate connection. Our eyes lock and an unspoken conversation is exchanged. For the first time in my life, I actually feel something. 
But he doesn’t. 
He keeps me at arm’s length and pretends there’s nothing between us when there clearly is. I’m not the kind of girl to wait around for any guy, so I don’t. 
But that doesn’t mean he isn’t in the back of my mind. 
Our paths cross again in a way neither one of us expect and it changes everything. Was it destiny that made it happen? Was it fate? 
Or was it something else? 

You know there's that moment when you meet someone's eyes and you kind of just melt into a little puddle right there. Then you act like a fool trying to get their attention? Yeah, me either. Kidding. I have done that it is one of those moments where I wish I could slam my face into my desk because it was so embarrassing. 

Francesca is someone who is a heartbreaking person. She will drive you to tears because you just want to hold her. She had a hard life. But then again, so has Hawke. Through this book, your heart will break and end on this note. It isn't your typical HEA and you sure as well aren't going to get one. Unless it is continued in her next books. 

I personally think that we should all riot against Todd for putting us through so much pain and make her write faster to bring the next book in the series. I am not big on HEAs but I am not on cliffhangers either. Hint, hint. So maybe it will come soon. With a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR