Friday, April 22, 2016

10 Cloverfield Lane (Movie Review)

Release Date: March 11, 2016
Genre: Fantasy/Mystery
Synopsis: After surviving a car accident, Michelle (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) wakes up to find herself in an underground bunker with two men. Howard (John Goodman) tells her that a massive chemical attack has rendered the air unbreathable, and their only hope of survival is to remain inside. Despite the comforts of home, Howard's controlling and menacing nature makes Michelle want to escape. After taking matters into her own hands, the young woman finally discovers the truth about the outside world.

I don't even know where to begin for this movie. I really don't. It is not a good thing but it isn't necessarily a bad thing either. 

Virtually knowing nothing while going into the movie, I didn't know what to think of the movie overall. The trailers revealed nothing and I felt nothing. Did I feel like I got what my money paid for? No. Not at all. Sure, the movie was suspenseful but overall, it was confusing as hell. 

And is it just me or does the creature look like the creature from Alien? Or are they related? Like long estranged cousins?

Was the man just clinically insane or was he actually right about an alien invasion? So many questions, needless to say ran through my head. I personally didn't like this movie and it is only because it was rather boring. As the story unravels, the worse it got. 

What I did enjoy was the fact that the alien was decently creepy. 

What I hated was everything else. The movie was felt rushed and I felt no connection to the characters such as how the characters' minds were slowly unraveling and there was no way to comprehend what was happening. 

To be honest, I felt bad for one of the characters. He didn't deserve the demise he got because although he was not a relevant character, it was a painful watching what happened. 

Did I feel the psycho-activity of the older man? Yes. Yes, I did. But it was just because there was something deteriorating in his brain and he could not comprehend his fantasies and he had to bring his crazy to others. So I am going to go ahead and rate this a 2.3 out of 5 stars.

Blog you later, awesome nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR