Sunday, April 3, 2016

ARC: Saving My Heart - Jenn Leigh (Live & Love 2.5)

Published Date: April 1, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Cassie Bradley had been through hell and back. Suffering the worst types of atrocities at the hands of her former foster family. After becoming a runaway, a chance run-in with her actual family had been Cassie's dream come true. Years later, Cassie was headed off to college. New friends; new experiences; a seemingly fresh start on life. Just when you thought things had settled down for Cassie, the darkness of her past came creeping in. 

Noah Grainger was the typical all-American college student. Great friends; star baseball player; studied hard and played harder. The start of his sophomore year, was looking awesome. Until he met Cassie Bradley, the painfully shy girl he just couldn't stay away from. 

Cassie and Noah work through many obstacles in their new relationship, but when her dark past rears it's ugly head, would they survive the fallout?

Be still my heart. I think that I fell in love with this story. 

A dark romance that will end up having your HEA wants and needs. When you read this book, the timeline jumps so you need to paying close attention which I wasn't doing because it was at 10:00pm at night and I was exhausted from the day's work. Too much information? 

Anyways, Cassie reminded me of a mouse. So quiet and frightened by the littlest things and yet, Noah was able to bring her out of her shell. I think it was her damaged parts that made him attracted to her. He never made her feel insecure or worthless. Something that you need a dose of. Especially in this book. 

Saving My Heart has officially burst the damns out and I went into work with puffy eyes.

It fell as quickly as it escalated and it worked out just fine. I wasn't disappointed with the book but I wish I had a chance to get to know the characters, protagonists and antagonists alike. I will go ahead and rate this a 3.7 out of 5 stars. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR