Thursday, April 14, 2016

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Movie Review)

Release Date: February 5, 2016
Genre: Horror/Thriller
Synopsis: 
In the 19th century, a mysterious plague turns the English countryside into a war zone. No one is safe as the dead come back to life to terrorize the land. Fate leads Elizabeth Bennet (Lily James), a master of martial arts and weaponry, to join forces with Mr. Darcy (Sam Riley), a handsome but arrogant gentleman. Elizabeth can't stand Darcy, but respects his skills as a zombie killer. Casting aside their personal differences, they unite on the blood-soaked battlefield to save their country.

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen was a fantastic book. I was already in love with Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. Why? Their romance was so tangible and I loved every single moment within the book. In fact, I lived vicariously through them. 

When this book was released, I was a bit hesitant to read the book... In fact, I didn't even see it in a bookstore until when the announcement for the movie was released. I bought the book, read a few pages in, then decided to watch the movie first. 

Damn. They chose the best people for the cast for this movie. 

Not only were the zombies creepy, it had a crazy storyline throughout. You had to watch the whole thing to understand everything that was going on. Mr. Darcy already had this sulky, bad-boy attitude about him and it made him 100 times better as he started to soften up by slowly falling in love with Elizabeth Bennet. And of course... Visa versa.

A perfect way to have started off Valentine's weekend. 

It wasn't just a regular horror film but it actually made me connect with the characters. It made me tear up and sniffle. It made me laugh. I was feeling so emotional that day... It was a bad situation. But my personal thoughts were that they could have stopped the movie at a certain point but they didn't... They had to continue on and I think I smell a sequel coming out.... STOP IT. Don't do it! You'll ruin the movie!

This is a movie that I would definitely add to my collection and that is exactly what I am going to do as soon as the DVDs are released. Zombies are my morbid fascination of how slow and scary they are. But this movie, it incorporated the crazy ideals of The Walking Dead and World War Z in some aspects. I am going to rate this a solid 4.2 out of 5 stars. Tell me your thoughts? 

Blog you later, awesome nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR